High Performance ProductsGlazing
Alpen Windows, powered by Alpen Glass, combines an insulated glass package with fully-insulated framing systems to achieve high insulation performance across the full-frame — not just measured at center of glass.
Alpen Windows have nine key features powering world class performance:
- Fully insulated frame system: Our insulating foam greatly improves the insulation properties of windows. It prevents air from circulating inside the frame and reduces a frame’s convective effect of transferring cold air to the interior of the window frame.
- Double seal: Our double seal goes above and beyond industry standards and are outstandingly reliable.
- Spacer Technology: Our spacer technology extends Alpen Windows high center of glass R-values to the edge of the frame.
- Inert gas fill: Argon or Krypton gas strategically placed between glass panes and our suspended film maximizes R-value by suppressing conduction and convection within our glass unit.
- Suspended film: Suspended film offers multiple advantages over triple-glazing and reduces convection and energy transfer without the weight and size of more glass. Alpen Windows suspended film systems offer UV protection up to 99.9%.
- Ultra-wide Insulated Glass (IG) Units: A wide IG results in better thermal insulation and higher STC (sound transmission class) ratings.
- High strength, low conductivity fiberglass frame: Our fiberglass frames are 800x’s less thermally conductive than aluminum. They have superior strength to weight ratios which make them ideal for large window openings with 86% of the yield strength of aluminum. They are dimensionally stable even in extreme thermal cycling and have similar sight-lines as aluminum but with a significantly lower U-Factor.
- Wet glazing: Minimizes air leakage at the glass to sash bond, increasing R-value performance.
- Triple weather stripping: Unlike standard weather stripping, our weather stripping substantially reduces air leakage and ensures high energy performance. (* Double weather stripping on fixed windows.)
For more information about AlpenGlass™ packages that are uniquely suited for your home or commercial building, please click here!