ThermalBuck High Performance Window Bucks
Window installation with exterior insulation is a challenge.
Solve the problem with ThermalBuck™.
ThermalBuck was designed to solve multiple problems when installing windows with continuous insulation and/or rainscreens. It extends the mounting point of windows & doors to create a flush plane for cladding. It also insulates the rough opening, limiting a common thermal bridge in the building envelope. Simple to install and easier to flash than a traditional wood buck, ThermalBuck is a true continuous insulation solution.
- A high performance window installation solution for exterior rigid insulation
- A verified Passive House installation detail
- Supports the weight of the window, and handles shear & wind loads.
- Dimensionally stable and strong, ThermalBuck helps to maintain the integrity of the window installation.
- Simplifies flashing, and adds an additional air & water barrier at the rough opening.
- Available in depths of 1.0” to 4”, to match the exterior insulation and/or rainscreen depth. R-value 4.4 per inch
With the rapid adoption of advanced energy codes, and the increasing demand by consumers for energy-efficient homes, a growing number of high-performance architects and builders are using exterior insulation on new homes.
ThermalBuck improves the energy efficiency of the building envelope by limiting thermal bridging around rough openings, and simplifies the installation of windows with continuous insulation.